When a loved one dies, even if the death was expected, there are suddenly many details to attend to. The decisions that face those making funeral arrangements can be especially confusing and overwhelming. Holy Nativity can help. You do not need to be a member of Holy Nativity to request assistance with a funeral service.
Here are some ways we may be useful:
- If possible, arrange a time to make plans for yourself or for a loved one long before death is imminent. We can discuss with you the details concerning a service and record your wishes for future reference.
- When a death has occurred contact us as soon as possible and let us help to guide you through the many options you have for honouring the wishes both of your loved one and of those who are grieving.
- If you desire, either the church or chapel can be set aside for your use, along with one of our reception rooms. The services of our organist, verger, and caretaker are also available. There is no charge for the use of the church, but some charges do apply to the other rooms and to any personnel.
- If a loved one has died far away, or if the body is not available for burial, you can arrange a memorial service for them at Holy Nativity. This can be a very important step in the grieving process, even if the service is very small and private.
- At the final crossroads of life, Holy Nativity can be there to offer guidance and support.
Please do not hesitate to contact us.